If you want to apply for an Engineering Horizons Bursary, make sure the following applies to you as a student or apprentice:
- Starting an IET approved apprenticeship scheme by September of year of application
- Already on an IET approved apprenticeship scheme – the apprenticeship must not end before September the year after application is made.
Our approved apprenticeship schemes offer engineers high quality opportunities. See a list of all the IET approved apprenticeship schemes.
If you are an apprentice on an IET accredited Siemens Group scheme, you are also eligible to apply.
- Starting an IET accredited Bachelor’s degree or MEng by September of year of application
- Already studying an IET accredited Bachelor’s or MEng degree in September of year of application
- Applications from students joining university with HNC, HND, Access to Higher Education Diploma or who have just completed a Foundation Year at University, are especially welcome.
Check the list of IET accredited CEng and IEng programmes to make sure you are eligible.
- Please do not apply if you intend to study or are studying Civil, Chemical or Structural Engineering unless your degree course is accredited by the IET.
Useful things to know
- Applications open 29 March 2021
- The Horizons bursary is open to part-time and full-time students
- You will have a passion for engineering and be keen to help promote engineering to others
- Our bursary is aimed at apprentices and students who may face, or have faced challenges and/or personal obstacles
- It is designed to help you if you’re struggling financially. Your bursary can be used for things like transport to work or education or buying books and equipment
- If you are doing a Degree Apprenticeship and the degree is IET accredited, you may apply as a student. If your Degree Apprenticeship scheme is IET approved, you may apply as an apprentice
- IET Engineering Horizons Bursaries are for UK residents only. We apologise, our Horizons bursaries are not available to anyone outside of the UK.
We have provided a step-by-step guide that will take you through the application process.
If you would like to fill in the application off-line and then paste your answers to the online form you can open a word version
You will need to use the CTRL C & CTRL V options when copying back to the online form.
Some of our very generous donors include:
- Chemring Group Plc
- National Grid
- Siemens Plc
- Spirax-Sarco Engineering Plc
- The Engineers Trust
- The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT)
- Mr & Mrs Tubbs
- Professor & Mrs Weiss