Increase font size
Topic Title: Storage Heaters Circuit
Topic Summary: programming circuit
Created On: 10 October 2016 12:18 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10 October 2016 12:18 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

floaka

Hi,
My name is Flo, I bought an house few months ago and I got just electric, no gas. It is fine.
It looks to me that all storage heaters I got are on the different electric circuit who is not always powered up, it start from 1000 to 1200 and for 1600 to 1800 ant 2200 to 0000 and couple of hours on night time - or something like this (I think is not very relevant).
So... I have call Eon today, they told me I'm on energy 10 and the pick hours are from 700 to 1900.
I want my storage heaters circuit to be programmed to work only on off pick time, not on pick time. Can I do this myself? Also... it is this from meter or from other device, I can see nothing else than meter and the fuse panel.
Eon guy was useless, I spend half hour on the phone for nothing.
Can I get any help?
Thank you very much.
If my post is not on the right session I ask the administrator to move it, please.
 10 October 2016 01:32 PM

ectophile

Originally posted by: floaka

So... I have call Eon today, they told me I'm on energy 10 and the pick hours are from 700 to 1900.

That doesn't add up. 07:00 to 19:00 peak would give 12 hours peak, and 12 hours off-peak. It should be 10 off-peak.

-------------------------
S P Barker BSc PhD IEng MIET
 10 October 2016 02:21 PM

floaka

Agree. I call Eon few times. Every time they said to me different story.
First time they said I can have energy 10 but I got energy 7.
Second, other person said it is impossible to have energy 10 because meter is incompatible.
Now.... I got energy 10.
I donno.... anyway.... my problem is the one with that circuit. How that work???
 11 October 2016 12:39 PM

ectophile

My understanding that economy 7 gives you 7 hours of off-peak in one block during the night, but economy 10 gives you an extra couple of off-peak periods during the day to top up the heat and hot water. So if you are on e10, then it's perfectly normal for the heating to come on in the day.

I would hope that it would say on the bill what tariff you are on. But the energy companies don't always get it right. I have wasted months before talking to a stupid energy supplier. If you can't get a sensible answer out of them, then ask to raise a formal complaint. It's not difficult, and the details should be on their bill or their web site.

There are several different ways to wire up economy 7 or 10, depending on the type and age of the meter. If you can't find a timeswitch anywhere, then it's most likely that the meter is switching the heating on and off for you. if that's the case, you don't have a problem, as the meter will be charging you at off-peak rate whenever it turns on the heating.

-------------------------
S P Barker BSc PhD IEng MIET
 12 October 2016 11:14 PM

sparkingchip

Don't change tariff as you won't get it back if you change your mind.

Andy
Statistics

New here?

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.