IET logo
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: CT metering
Topic Summary:
Created On: 30 September 2013 08:34 PM
Status: Read Only
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 30 September 2013 08:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 127
Joined: 12 December 2010

Hi all
I have recently been installing a lot of CT's on some local units with digital meter, the meters have been enclosed in banks of four inside enclosures with the 3 phase supply for the meters is coming from the square d Iline panels busbar (250amp) terminals on the bottom of the busbar they are lugged on to the busbar and then 1.5 singles for each phase is then fed onto some din rail fused connectors and onto each meter, the CT's are each fed obviosly to there meter for each unit,
My question is can I come directly from a incoming supply of a 3 phase 125amp main switch on the mains board inside 1 unit (as the meter needs to be in this particular unit) in 1.5 singles and on to the fused din rail similar to the above?
I may be over looking this as the singles are obviously unfused from the iline panels busbar untill they reach the din rail fuses, I say unfused they are backed up with a 250a mccb
I cant see this as been any different than coming from a main switch incoming terminals as again they are unfused untill they reach the din rail
Any thought on this would be great

New here?

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.