IET logo
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Which Certificate..
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10 July 2013 09:40 PM
Status: Read Only
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10 July 2013 09:40 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 5
Joined: 24 June 2013

Evening all

I have been asked to install some electrics in some Shepard huts (Similar to an old Wooden Gypsy caravan) There construction is wooden frame and floor, Internal wood clad walls. Externally Either wooden clad walls or corrugated sheet and Cast Iron Wheels.

The electrics to be installed are as basic as you can get.

2 way 30mA RCD Board
1 Double socket
1 wall Light
1 16A Appliance inlet next to the board for hook up.

Firstly how much of section 7 is going to apply to these as they would be classed as a Mobile Unit.

The units are then sent to the customers so we are not involved with any connection so the only part I can see would be 717.514 Identification and notices

Secondly Is the certificate, I know the NICEIC Produce a Transportable Unit Electrical Installation Certificate. In this instance we are not connecting the unit to anything just providing the ability to connect it. So any live test results would be irrelevant (other than confirming the RCD works) as Live tests once they are positioned are going to be different.

Would a EIC with noted limitations ect suffice.

Kind Regards

 10 July 2013 09:49 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 4621
Joined: 21 November 2008

Well it's the only one in the BGB that is suitable I would think.

New here?

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.