Increase font size
Topic Title: SSE AMR & 3P+N Isolator & Extra Costs
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11 October 2018 09:34 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11 October 2018 09:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

AncientMariner

Well, it seems that SSE's meter people will connect in a 3P+N Isolator if we supply one. They did say that they would supply if SSE authorised the extra cost, but SSE said no. Then they asked if it could be fitted before they arrived until I pointed out that to do so would mean pulling the fuses.... I've ordered one, but doubt that it can even be screwed to the wall due to the three 1-phase meters taking up a fair bit of space.

Anyway, looking at SSE's website, came across "Possible Additional Costs" at https://www.ssebusinessenergy.co.uk/solutions-for-business/smart-metering/#menu-0652-03
Seems a bit off requiring the user to possibly pay charges to have the AMR which SSE want to fit installed? Especially, "Supply and installation of High Gain and Yagi Aerial." Mobile phone reception near to where the village hall is situated and thus where the meter is, is notorious for poor mobile phone reception with certain phone operators. Plus it is a listed building. The electricity meter is at the front (internal) and a couple of years ago when we had the gas meter for the attached caretaker's house moved from inside the kitchen to the rear, our Council's Conservation Officer was not too happy with a white fibreglass box and wanted it painting. So siting a Yagi could be interesting (the same council have refused to allow a defibrillator to be fitted on the outside of a town council building in the adjoining area!)

Clive

-------------------------
Clive S Carver GCGI IEng MIET MITP
 12 October 2018 05:24 PM

mapj1

Are essential utilities type works not treated under differnt rules ?

regards Mike
 12 October 2018 06:13 PM

AncientMariner

It probably depends on the definition of "essential"... Certainly for the move of the gas meter from inside the kitchen to outside, I had to obtain approval of Flintshire's Conservation Officer. Wales & West Utilities would not start the work until they had received an OK from the Council. The time taken between me eventually getting an OK on the phone to an email being sent to W&WU was quite nail biting, since we had been given a date for the works, which from memory we lost. Being Grade II Listed added about a month to getting the work done. For something slightly more complex it can easily add 6 months or even much more.

Clive

Clive S Carver GCGI IEng MIET MITP
Statistics

New here?

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.