IET logo
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Polygon Group
Topic Summary: do not go out and leave your dishwasher on
Created On: 11 October 2015 06:33 PM
Status: Read Only
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11 October 2015 06:33 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 3844
Joined: 20 July 2006


This one will come up on google searches and I gave the new title deliberately.

Following the flood debacle, of which I will update you on the running thread.

Polygon property damage and restoration services have been here this weekend helping me get the place dried out and preparing a report for the insurers. Spectacular service.

The guy who was here for four hours yesterday afternoon told me that he normally deals with the result of fires. That, as you can imagine, involves the water damage from the fire brigade so he knew what he was doing on this job.

I made a casual remark that I bet they all go down as electrical fires.

No, in ten years he has had two caused by actual circuit failure. Most of them are caused by the failure of the heating element in either a dishwasher or a tumble dryer. He sees a lot of those.

You might want to tell your customers. Don't leave your dishwasher or tumble dryer on when you go out.

 11 October 2015 07:10 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 7762
Joined: 04 July 2007

Good advice Zs, we never do. A house a few doors away from where we used to live was very badly damaged a couple of years ago by a faulty tumble dryer, and the people were actually in the house at the time! It's a town house and the dryer was down in the garage.
 11 October 2015 10:49 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 672
Joined: 01 September 2009

Note the different line taken here:
 12 October 2015 12:09 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 514
Joined: 09 February 2008

An extract from the above link; Around 25% of all electrical injury accidents are caused by portable electrical equipment (PPE). Faulty electrical leads cause around 2000 fires each year.

New here?

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.