IET logo
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Certificate needed?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03 October 2017 04:59 PM
Status: Read Only
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03 October 2017 04:59 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 2
Joined: 03 October 2017

Hi all, I've been asked by a client to provide a certificate for the removal of redundant circuit conductors in a distribution board.
Do I need to provide one and if so which one? Cheers
 04 October 2017 10:12 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 16400
Joined: 13 August 2003

Odd, request. I perhaps suspect the client either has had an EICR done and now wants the complementing paperwork to show that all the defects have been remedied (although why redundant cables would be classed as a defect I'm not sure, but after seeing some EICRs nothing would surprise me), or are really after an EICR and don't understand what's involved.

If they really do just want a cert for what you've done then I imagine that just about any piece of paper with a description of what you've done and your signature etc would do - you might as well use a Minor Works as a handy template, even if all the test boxes are N/A.

- Andy.
 04 October 2017 01:33 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 601
Joined: 06 November 2010

I agree with Andy. Asking the customer what they want the certificate to show and why they need it may point you in the right direction as it is probably just something to show that the redundant circuits have been disconnected. You can tell them there is no standard form for removal of a circuit and you want to make sure you meet their requirements.
 04 October 2017 06:04 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 4037
Joined: 26 June 2002

This is minor works, so just fill in with what you have done & sign.

 05 October 2017 11:22 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 10368
Joined: 18 January 2003

A couple of years ago I disconnected all the circuits from a consumer unit, then installed as a new circuit one double socket immediately adjacent to the consumer unit to power up CCTV.

Then I wrote out an installation certificate and a EICR for the complete installation, being the consumer unit and the double socket to keep the insurance company happy, as they said they needed a EICR to show that everything apart from the double socket had been disconnected.

However I suggest the OP just writes out a minor works, without any test results on it.

Andy B

New here?

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.