You must be a member of the IET before applying for professional registration. For more information about the associated membership fees please visit the membership fees page and for more information on applying for membership please visit the about IET membership page.
Candidates are encouraged to apply online through Career Manager, the IET’s skills development and recording tool. Applications made via Career Manager attract a considerable discount.
Benefits of applying via Career Manager include:
- Mandatory fields mean that we are less likely to have to go back to you for more information and can process your application faster.
- You can keep track of your application using Career Manager so you don’t have to wait for updates from the IET via email or letter.
- Your details are kept on a secure online system, therefore eliminating any data risk.
- With this more efficient, streamlined application process in place, the IET can process more applications and recognise more engineers working at professional levels.
Paper applications will continue to be accepted – please see associated fees below.
Application fees for professional registration in Naira
Engineering Council entrance fees (payable upon notification of successful registration)
The IET collects an entrance fee on behalf of the Engineering Council in order to add successful candidates' names to the Engineering Council's list of registered engineers.
Please note: This fee is payable by all successful registrants.
Once you are professionally registered with the Engineering Council, you are required to pay the IET qualified and registered member fee plus the Engineering Council annual registration fee.
You can find out more about these fees by visiting the membership fees page.
Membership or professional registration certificates are provided free of charge unless a replacement professional registration certificate is required in which case a small administration fee will be charged. For further information please email email@example.com.
Re-application fees within three years of original application*
* For CEng and IEng applications, this will be within three years of your interview.
Note: If you are applying more than three years since your original application for EngTech and ICTTech, or more than three years since your interview for CEng or IEng, you will be required to pay the full application fee as stated at the top of this page.
(Refundable if the appeal is successful)
Request to transfer registration fees (from another UK engineering institution)
To transfer your professional registration to the IET, you will need to ensure that your Engineering Council subscription payments are up to date.
How to pay locally
Payment by cheque/demand draft
1. Members in Nigeria can pay their annual membership fee in the local currency to:
Polaris Bank Limited
27 Keffi St
Bank Account no: 4090875064
Sort Code: 076154155
2. To pay by cheque or bank draft, please send the payment page of your renewal notice together with your cheque or bank draft to:
PO Box 40
Please ensure that cheques or bank drafts are made payable to "The Institution of Engineering and Technology".
All fees are non-refundable with the exception of the appeal fee.
If you require assistance and advice please contact the IET office in Stevenage.
Tel: +44 (0) 1438 767 333