Demonstration of commitment
Be proactive with keeping your professional competence up to date:
- Make sure you know the legal and commercial requirements for any CPD evidence you upload.
- Understand how evidence is used in your appraisals, employment and recruitment.
- Be aware of the types of evidence that can help you.
- Make sure you get suitable evidence whenever you can.
Take responsibility for your CPD:
- Identify and prioritise your development needs and opportunities.
- Use available resources like guidelines and competence benchmarks to help your self-assessment.
- Plan and carry out activities across a range of formats.
- Record your development achievements.
- Evaluate your achievements and check them against your needs.
Learning support: Support the professional development of others:
- Be prepared to act as a mentor.
- Encourage your employer to support professional development.
- Share your expertise and knowledge with others.
- Help others learn.
- Join a professional body and get involved.
Looking for more detail?
Visit the Engineering Council website to find out more about the CPD Code for registrants.