The TRIZ process offers a rigorous and systematic approach for understanding and solving any problem; its principal tools enable you to uncover the most effective route to practical solutions.
TRIZ includes concept lists distilled from analysis of all known engineering success, making TRIZ a unique tool to find solutions to any given problem – including both technical and management issues – without having to rely on the spontaneous creativity of individuals.
Fundamental Problem Solving is an online public training course which has been developed specially for online learning. It is delivered over 5 days and is a mix of:
- Lectures and workshops - a learning lecture every morning from 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. leaving you with a related task to work through, followed by a small-group workshop between 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. to discuss the task in-depth
What benefits does this training deliver?
- In 10-hours, learn how to use all the fast Oxford TRIZ tools and build these tools and processes into the systematic Oxford TRIZ problem-solving process with no prior experience of TRIZ needed.
- Live online learning lectures followed by a break to complete a set task then a small-group workshop for in-depth discussion of the task and ideas.
- Learn how to improve your problem-solving outcomes by following simple, logical steps to find the best possible solutions.
- Join our Oxford TRIZ community, access our member's site and discussion forum when you register.
What makes the training effective?
- Oxford Creativity’s TRIZ Academy training is made up of a combination of online learning lectures, TRIZ tasks and optional small-group workshops developed specifically to be delivered online.
- Unique exercises designed during 20 years of TRIZ teaching to reinforce learning of the TRIZ tools, processes and problem-solving skills and adapted for online use.
- This training has been specially developed for online teaching, ensuring it provides a highly stimulating, immersive, and enjoyable learning experience.
- This course is delivered by TRIZ experts with over 10 years experience in systematic innovation and problem solving.
- Access to the webinar recordings for 28 days after the event so you can continue to refer to what you have learnt.
Who should book?
- Anyone with a problem they haven’t satisfactorily resolved.
- Product designers, engineers, R&D professionals and managers involved in product development or complex problem-solving.
- Anyone from companies that want to accelerate problem-solving and streamline the innovation process.
- Inventors, engineers, scientists and patent professionals - the training provides tools with which to derive greater value from intellectual property.
On completion of the full 10 hours training (learning lectures and workshops), you will receive a certificate attaining TRIZ Aware level and 10 hours CPD.
This course is delivered online by Oxford Creativity TRIZ experts with over 10 years experience in systematic innovation and problem solving
Day 1 - The logic of problem solving + genius thinking habits
Fundamental problem-solving basics and tools including the Prism of TRIZ, Ideal, Resource mobilisation. TRIZ aims to ensure that we can create and improve systems and processes to meet all needs – as exactly, economically, and sustainably as possible. Learn the basic TRIZ tools for understanding and cleverly solving problems fast, and the TRIZ habits for clarity and simplicity by keeping detail in its place.
Adopt the habits of genius thinkers and clear thinking with Time & Scale in 9 Boxes. Learn how to stretch your understanding of any situation by understanding its past, present, and future while simultaneously capturing everything significant from the details to the big picture. Time & Scale in 9 Boxes helps you map, understand, and communicate any problem, system, or situation!
Day 2 - Solve contradictions and get everything you want
Have you ever had an impossible problem where every attempt to solve it only made things worse? If so, you were probably wrestling with contradictions!
In this session you’ll discover powerful techniques to avoid unsatisfactory compromises and get everything you want using the 40 Inventive Principles, The Contradiction Matrix and the Separation Principles. Learn to uncover conflicting requirements in any situation and systematically resolve anything bad that occurs.
Day 3 - See the future with TRIZ Trends
You don’t need a crystal ball to see the future! TRIZ research uncovered that all products, processes, and technical systems evolve in highly predictable ways to meet needs better over time.
In this session you’ll learn simple techniques to predict the future trajectory of your own systems, strengthen your IP and generate ideas for next generation products. The 8 Trends of Technical Evolution take the guesswork out of invention and help you use your expert knowledge extremely efficiently!
Day 4 - The logic of problem solving
Creative people (ie all of us) love solving problems! The trouble is, we seem to be hard-wired to fall in love with our own ‘genius’ solutions! TRIZ shows us there are always many good ways to solve a problem, and by following simple, logical steps, we broaden our options and find the best possible solutions.
In this lesson you’ll learn about The Ideal and how understanding benefits, functions and resources can drastically improve problem-solving outcomes
Day 5 - Simple, elegant systems with Oxford TRIZ
Einstein famously said that we should make everything as simple as possible, but no simpler.
In this session we'll introduce you to a powerful combination of tools for developing simple, elegant systems. Discover Oxford TRIZ Function Mapping - a step-by-step technique for visualising any system and highlighting problem areas at a glance. Then learn how to apply the Oxford TRIZ Trimming Rules and the 76 Standard Solutions to eliminate harms in your system and increase benefits through radical simplification and clever use of resources.
- TRIZ materials - Contradictions Matrix, TRIZ 40 Principles (both for technical and business problems), the 8 Trends of Evolution – digital copies will be provided.