|Price: From £600||How to book: Online|
|Duration: One day||CPD hours: 7 hours|
|Study mode: London, Savoy Place
||Dates: View available course dates|
Learn how to manage people more effectively – whether you are a first-time manager in engineering and technology or you’re just looking to refresh your skills.
This course will introduce you to management techniques used for building good working relationships and getting the best performance from your team. Equipped with new techniques, you will return to the workplace more confident in your approach.
On this course you will learn to:
- Identify management styles
- Identify individuals’ behaviours within a team and adapt your management style to suit them
- Improve the dynamics of a team
- Successfully lead and manage teams
- Delegate and motivate individuals
Who should attend?
Anyone who is new or is looking to be promoted to a managerial role. This course would also be good for existing managers wanting to refresh their skills. The course is relevant to managers in engineering and technology, as it links to section C of the Engineering Council’s UK Standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK-SPEC).
Throughout the programme, exercises and practical activities will help you to familiarise yourself with different management techniques. We cover:
- What is a manager
- Manager versus leadership
- Action Centred Leadership® – John Adair
- Management styles
- Bruce Tuckman’s Forming, Storming, Performing
- Motivation – Alderfer and Maslow
- Member Price £549 + VAT
- Non-Member Price £649 + VAT