What are the benefits of accreditation?
- Helps companies recruit graduates and professional engineers.
- Is a streamlined route to professional registration.
- Provides a structured and supported route for the development of both future leaders and senior engineers, improving the retention rates of graduates and professional engineering staff.
- Demonstrates to clients and customers that the organisation employs the right calibre of staff - this is often useful when submitting tenders.
- Develops critically important engineering capabilities and secures the continued well being of the organisation.
- Provides opportunities for networking with other accredited employers and universities (events and workshops).
- Inclusion in the list of IET accredited schemes.
- Accredited schemes can display the Certificate of Accreditation and may use the IET's accredited scheme logo on promotional material and scheme documentation.
- Is recognised as a high-quality seal of approval throughout industry, academia and government, and provides evidence of "quality assured" engineer development which is recognised both nationally and internationally.
- Provides access to a body of knowledge outside of the organisation and helps to promote meaningful dialogue between the organisation and the IET, one of the world's leading engineering institutions
- Accreditation is recognised as a high-quality seal of approval.
Take a look at our current list of accredited professional development schemes.