Review and assessment of competence of candidates applying for professional qualification.
1. If a candidate applying for professional registration is dissatisfied with the process or the decision of the professional registration assessment, he or she may request an appeal. The appeals procedure shall be conducted in a fair, just and unbiased manner in accordance with the rules of natural justice.
2. Appeals may only be made on the following grounds:
3. An appeal must be received by the IET within 3 months of the date of the decision letter.
4. The candidate should make an appeal in writing on the appeal application form, clearly and concisely setting out the grounds for appeal. Any evidence in support of the appeal should be submitted with the application form. To obtain an application form, please email email@example.com.
5. The candidate must pay an appeal fee, which will be refunded if the appeal is upheld.
6. An Appeals Panel of two is appointed by the Chairman of the Registration & Standards Committee.
7. All relevant evidence relating to the case will be made available to the Appeals Panel.
8. The Appeals Panel will report the outcome of the appeal to the Chair of the Registration & Standards Committee, who, in consultation with the Committee, will decide on the outcome.
9. The candidate will be notified of the decision.