No access to edit the IET events calendar on Thursday 7 February 2013
Due to updates being made on the system there will be no access to edit the IET events calendar on Thursday 7 February 2013.
There are a number of changes being made to the event calendar, which was introduced in the autumn of 2012, as a result of feedback from users.
Please be aware that in order to implement these changes on the system there will be no access to edit events using the event calendar web form on Thursday 7 February 2013.
Changes affecting the end user:
- Improved keyword search logic (any, all, exact phrase)
- Corrections to date range filters and default settings – setting to a 1 year default (currently set to 1 month default which is not user friendly)
- Social media widgets included on event calendar page (removed from initial search page as redundant)
- Temporary removal of iCal service as we address complex nature of errors in service
Changes affecting Event Editors using the event calendar web form:
- Reconfiguration of filename generation – file names created from content ID rather than event title and date, to resolve duplication issue when event details change