Company accreditation assessor
Assist IET staff in accrediting company professional development schemes across the UK and abroad.
The aim of accreditation is to ascertain whether an organisation's professional development scheme provides the necessary training, development and experience to enable individuals to build a portfolio of evidence and demonstrate the required level of competence for professional registration.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in a minimum of two accreditation visits a year;
- Support the visit process, contribute to written reports and approve monitoring plans;
- Adhere to the IET's code of conduct for volunteers.
Period of appointment:
- Assessors are expected to serve a minimum of three years in the role.
- Potential assessors must submit an up to date CV to the accreditation department;
- Applications sent to programmes group committee for approval;
- Depending on the numbers received, applications will be processed individually or in bulk at a programmes group meeting.
- Assessors will be invited to observe one professional development operations committee meeting and at least one full accreditation visit. In addition, one training session will be held for assessors per year.
Assessors are expected to have experience in one or more of the following:
- Professional development scheme operation or management;
- Knowledge of professional development/professional registration (eg competency assessment);
- Business and/or engineering management.
Assessors must be a member of the IET and be professionally registered as CEng, IEng, EngTech or ICTTech.
Contact the accreditation department