Career Manager advisor
Visits organisations and local networks to demonstrate the Career Manager online professional development system.
Visiting organisations and IET local networks who have indicated a requirement to use the IET’s online professional development system Career Manager for the career development of their engineering/IT staff/members for professional registration and/or continuing professional development (CPD) requirements.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The appointment of two or three Career Manager volunteer advisors to support the product manager who will be able to:
- Undertake a minimum of three visits a year within a designated territory (Scotland or southern England);
- Support the visit process by presenting the Career Manager system for existing, new and potential members, along with the ability to answer specific questions from members using the system for professional registration application;
- Attend relevant training for system updates at the IET's Stevenage site;
- Write a brief contact report per visit;
- Adhere to the IET's data protection policy for volunteers.
The volunteer support manager will provide the names of prospective members for this role to the product manager of Career Manager. The product manager will then contact the prospects individually to invite them to attend a Career Manager overview session, where the member can indicate if they are interested in accepting the role of volunteer Career Manager advisor.
- The product manager will deliver an initial three day training programme to each advisor;
- Additional training for system updates will be scheduled when relevant.
- Advisors may be professionally registered as EngTech, IEng or CEng and MIET or FIET;
- Advisors to be familiar with the UK-SPEC framework and specifically the IET’s professional registration requirements;
- Advisors must be confident presenters to all ages and different groups (eg: apprentices, technicians, under graduates, graduates, engineers and technologists in all sectors, professors, managers, directors).