Online policy acknowledgement
Information about our online policy acknowledgement system for volunteers.
Policies and online access
Information on policies and guidance can be found in the Volunteer Handbook and in more detail on the Policies for IET volunteers web page of the Volunteer Gateway. All volunteers are invited to read these policies through the online learning system, InfoAware. Through this the IET can help its volunteers understand the IET’s standards of good practice and be clear on the legislative requirements it is governed by, therefore helping to reduce the risk of compliance issues arising. It also aims to enhance members’ access to continuing professional development (CPD) through the future addition of training modules.
- You have been provided with access to InfoAware, which is pre-loaded with all the policies and guidance that relate to volunteering at the IET.
- Five of the documents provided relate to key legislation:
- Data Protection Policy
- Data Protection Guidelines
- Anti-bribery and Corruption Policy
- Equality and Diversity Policy
- Harassment and Bullying Policy
- You are asked to read each of the above policy/guidance documents in InfoAware, and ‘sign off’ to indicate that you acknowledge their content.
- All other policies and guidance are made available to you in the InfoAware Library, and although they do not require ‘sign off’, we strong encourage you to familiarise yourself with the content.
- In addition to the documents detailed above, if you handle IET data as part of your role you will be required to complete the Data Protection training module before being provided with access to IET data. This course has been designed to take no more than 30 minutes to complete, and on successful completion a certificate of acknowledgement will be issued which can be added to your CPD record or IET Career Manager. The Data Protection training module is made available to all volunteer roles, and may be completed by those who also wish to do it purely for their own CPD.
- In time, it is intended that additional training modules will be added to assist in understanding policies and to support volunteers’ CPD. This will be particularly useful for those that are unfamiliar with UK legislation.
- You can find out from your role description or staff contact which policies are specifically relevant to you.
This increased availability of volunteer training will enhance the information and tools already provided to you as an IET ambassador and enable you to further support our values and behaviours.
If you have not yet received your InfoAware login, please contact email@example.com.
(The content of this page is also available in PDF format below).
Online policy acknowledgement (137 k)