The sector will continue to assess its primary themes.
It will also maintain a list of emerging hot topics which will act as point of reference in theme selection.
Emerging hot topics include but are not limited to:
- positive energy buildings
- demand side management for smart grids
- fire systems and other such emergency systems
- off site and prefabricated manufacturing including:
- prefabricated wiring systems
- power distribution systems
- ICT – building environment control systems utilising Internet protocols, multiple network systems integration
- environmental approaches to building design and refurbishment
- sustainable energy systems within buildings
- building management including asset management life cycle costing
- design installations and surge protection