Electronic books and journals: EBSCO, Engineering and IT Reference Library, Faulkner reports, Knovel, Wiley, and Key Note.
Your library, virtually anywhere.
The Virtual Library is a large electronic resource, consisting of thousands of online e-books, e-journals, magazines and reports. The library is constantly adding to this resource to provide a wider variety of accessible content.
- Easy to use: members need to log on to the IET website to gain instant access;
- Free to use as part of your membership benefit;
- Available to members worldwide 24/7.
EBSCO Discovery service is the principal way to search the Virtual Library. This search engine includes many of the resources available from the IET library, including an A-Z search facility to enable easy searching of all our electronic book and journal content. We recommend using Discovery for keyword searches, where a single search can provide access to a range of resources. If you have a particular book or journal title you want to look up we suggest using the library catalogue or the A-Z facility within Discovery.
Other available resources:
- Engineering and IT Reference Library is a collection of 420 Engineering and IT books from major technology publishers, powered by Books 24x7. Publishers include Artech House, Butterworth Heinemann, The IET, Microsoft Press, Syngress and John Wiley;
- Knovel full-text e-books provides access to 360 scientific and engineering handbooks and references from various publishers;
- Wiley e-books. Online access to a collection of over 120 engineering and technology full text ebooks from Wiley.
- Digital Library The IET Digital Library holds more than 100,000 technical papers from 1994 onwards for all IET journals, magazines, books, conference publications and seminar digests, Members and non-members can use Knowledge Pack credits to download journal and conference articles and eBook chapters from the IET Digital Library.
- EBSCO databases provides access to several thousand full-text journal titles, company and industry profiles and other information resources. The databases we have access to are: Engineering Source, Business Source Corporate, Energy and Power, Sustainability and General Science;
- E & T is the Institution of Engineering and Technology's monthly magazine and associated website published for its members.
- Journal of Engineering (JoE) is a pure gold open access journal. Open access publishing enables peer reviewed, accepted journal articles to be made freely available online to anyone with access to the internet.
- E-journals free access contains a list of direct links to electronic journals that are freely available on the web to members and non-members of the IET.
- Faulkner databases provides expert reports of up to the minute information and intelligence on the telecommunications and information industry developments
- Key Note market research reports. Online access to all Key Note reports, includes subjects on computing, aerospace, electrical contracting, digital communication, videoconferencing and much more.
Virtual Library help and support
Stuck using the Virtual Library? Then visit our troubleshooting help and advice page.