A collection of electronic books and journals supplied by EBSCO, Knovel, Dawsonera and Wiley.
Your library, virtually anywhere.
The Virtual Library consists of thousands of online e-books, e-journals, magazines and reports. The library is constantly adding to this resource to provide a wide variety of accessible content.
- Easy to use: members need to log on to the IET website to gain instant access;
- Free to use as part of your membership benefit;
- Available to members worldwide 24/7.
EBSCO Discovery service is the principal way to search the Virtual Library.
We recommend using Discovery for keyword searches, where a single search can provide access to a range of resources. If you have a particular book or journal title you want to look up we suggest using the library catalogue or Publications within Discovery.
- Dawsonera. a growing collection of ebooks from the supplier Dawson.
- Knovel full-text e-books provides access to scientific and engineering handbooks and reference books from a range of publishers;
- Wiley e-books. Online access to a collection of over 120 engineering and technology full text ebooks.
- Digital Library The IET Digital Library holds more than 100,000 technical papers from 1994 onwards for all IET journals, magazines, books, conference publications and seminar digests, Members and non-members can use Knowledge Pack credits to download journal and conference articles and eBook chapters from the IET Digital Library.
Library only databases
For members who visit the library we also have available: British Standards online; IEEE Xplore; Ancestry; British Newspaper Archive and the IET Digital library.
- EBSCO databases provides access to several thousand full-text journal titles, company and industry profiles and other information resources. The databases we have access to are: Engineering Source, Business Source Corporate Plus, Energy and Power, Sustainability and Applied Science and Technology;
- E & T is the Institution of Engineering and Technology's monthly magazine and associated website published for its members.
- Journal of Engineering (JoE) is a pure gold open access journal. Open access publishing enables peer reviewed, accepted journal articles to be made freely available online to anyone with access to the internet.
- E-journals free access contains a list of direct links to electronic journals that are freely available on the web to members and non-members of the IET.
Virtual Library help and support
Stuck using the Virtual Library? Then visit our troubleshooting help and advice page.