The document supply service provides copies of documents held in the IET library collections or as an inter-library loan.copy from the British Library. Documents can be supplied as a PDF file via email, or as a photocopy/print via post.
• Complete and submit a photocopy request form, on the right-hand side of this page;
• Download and complete the commercial copyright form or the non-commercial copyright form, on the right-hand side of this page;
• Contact the library to make a request.
|No. of pages:||Postal or email PDF delivery charges||Postal or email PDF delivery charges|
|20+||£15.00 per every 20 pages copied||£20.00 per every 20 pages copied.|
|Inter-library loan/copy from British Library (IET members only)
£15.00 standard service (4 days) or £23.00 express service (24 hours)
• Commercial copying is anything that is directly or indirectly considered income-generating to you or your company;
• Non-commercial copying is considered as being for an individual's private research or study, unrelated to any commercial
Further guidance on what is considered a commercial copy or non/commercial copy.
Copyright declaration / payment forms
• Customers are required to sign and return copyright/payment forms, along with their payment to the Library;
• We accept payment by cheque (made payable to “The IET”), and by all major credit / debit cards;
• For your security, it is our policy not to accept credit card details by email. Please telephone the Library to quote us your credit card details over the phone instead.
If you are a regular user of our document supply service, why not save time by opening a deposit account? They can be opened with a minimum deposit of £50.00 Sterling. The cost of future requests is then deducted from the account and the customer is informed of how much is left in their account each time. Member rates apply to all deposit account holders.
Other libraries requesting articles/books
We are happy to supply photocopies of articles or book loans from our collections to other libraries on request. Please contact us with the full bibliographic details of each item you require.
We also require the following details for payment purposes:
• Your British Library account number (should begin with 87- );
• Your request number for each requested item.
The Archives contain large numbers of historical photographs, both of eminent engineers and members of the IET and technologies such as cable laying. We can provide reproductions of images for which we hold the copyright. Please search the online catalgue or contact the archives with general enquiries and for details of charges.
Please note that we do not operate a " picture library"' style service, nor do we hold a large stock of modern industrial images.
Users seeking to reproduce items held by the Archives for publishing, including on-line, broadcast or other purposes are required to seek permission from the Archivist. Please contact the archives for a request form and details of charges. Please visit the IET Archives for more information.