Information on searching the online book and journals catalogue, loans and renewals, Document Supply service, Research Service and how to become a Library-only member.
Library services and resources
- The Online library catalogue is being upgraded and will not be available to members between Monday 3rd March 2014 – Monday 24th March 2014 inclusive.
To request or renew books during this period please contact the Library enquiry desk
- Library loans and renewals, information on who can borrow; total loans allowed altogether; length of book loans; how to renew books on loan; how are requested books delivered; how to return books to the Library; how to request an inter-library loan.
- Sign up and become a library-only member for a small fee. Available for non-members who would like to use the library only to borrow books and to use our electronic resources, via the Virtual Library.
- Non-UK members have access to all of the Library services, including book loans, the Virtual Library for electronic books and journals and our Document Supply service.
- The Research Service can help provide technical and business information for you or your company. Examples include using databases such as Inspec to compile a list of article abstracts and other databases and print resources to locate company information. There are a number of case-studies to show the type of enquiry they can help with.
- Document Supply service is provided to members and non-members for the supply of articles from our stock. There is a small charge for this service and articles can be delivered either by post, fax or email pdf delivery. There is also information on how to obtain an article or book not held in our stock from the British Library on inter-library loan.
- Library memorabilia - Fellows' and Members' ties can be purchased from the Library
- Arrange a tour of the Library and Archives. Please contact us to arrange a time and date.
- Find out the latest news from the Library and Archives, including announcements of new exhibitions, library late night opening dates and news on any new services or resources.
- Library book stock reviews written by staff on a selection of new books, e-books and e-journals, that are now available in our library to view online or borrow.