Renew library books myself
Time to renew your books? Why not renew them yourself using the information provided to help you.
Users can renew their own library books by logging onto the IET website with their username and password and then going to the search the library online catalogue page.
- On the library online catalogue page, a link titled "My stuff" should be displayed, (next to "Search" and "Quick links");
- Click on the "My Stuff" link and details of your "Current loans" are shown;
- Click on the "Current loans" link and a list of all your current loans will be listed. The book title is listed along with the due back date;
- Tick the boxes next to each book you would like to renew;
- Click on "Renew selected items" button;
- The new renewal date will appear;
- If a book has reached it's maximum amount of renewals then it will say "Maximum renewals". Users will need to return these books to the Library. If these books are still required and they are not reserved for other users, then you can return the books to the library with a note asking for them to be re-issued to you;
- If the book status says "Reserved item", then this book has been reserved by another user. Please return the book back to the library as soon as possible;
- Any queries regarding this service, please contact the library.