This title is available electronically through the IET Digital Library
Author: Mikhail A. Lyalinov, Ning Yan Zhu
Product Code: SBEW5010
Pagination: 232 pp.
Stock Status: In stock
This book is a systematic and detailed exposition of different analytical techniques used in studying two of the canonical problems, the wave scattering by wedges or cones with impedance boundary conditions. It is the first reference on novel, highly efficient analytical-numerical approaches for wave diffraction by impedance wedges or cones.
• Development of new approaches which lead to exact (but not explicit) solutions of key canonical problems like diffraction by an impedance wedge or cone.
• Calculations of the diffraction or excitation coefficients, including their uniform versions, for the diffracted waves from the edge of the wedge or from the vertex of the cone.
• Study of the far-field behavior in diffraction by impedance wedges or cones, reflected waves, space waves from the singular points of the boundary (from edges or tips), and surface waves.
• Applicability of the reported solution procedures and formulae to existing software packages designed for solving real-world high-frequency problems encountered in antenna, wave propagation, and radar cross section.
Researchers in wave phenomena physics. Radio, optics and acoustics engineers. Applied mathematicians and specialists in mathematical physics. Specialists in quantum scattering of many particles.
2. Diffraction of a skew-incident electromagnetic plane-wave by a wedge with axially anisotropic impedance faces
3. Scattering of waves from an electric dipole over an impedance wedge
4. Scattering of an H−polarised surface wave by an angular break of an impedance sheet
5. Acoustic scattering of a plane wave by a circular impedance cone
6. Electromagnetic wave scattering by a circular cone with Leontovich boundary conditions