Supporters for professional registration
Find out who can support your professional registration application.
Who can act as my supporter(s)?
You must nominate one or optionally two / three supporters to endorse the details of your application.
The requirements for a supporter are:
- Mandatory: a supporter who has known you professionally for two or more years, working at a senior level to you and with direct knowledge of your role and responsibilities, such as your current line manager, employer or PhD Supervisor.
- Preferred: as well as the mandatory requirement it is preferable to also choose a supporter who is Engineering Council or international equivalent registered engineer, who is a Member or Fellow of the IET or another Professional Engineering Institute (PEI).
- A second and third supporter is optional and may be necessary, for example, if you work on contracts, as an additional signature to enable adequately verified periods for your employment.
For Chartered Engineer and Incorporated Engineer, your supporter(s) are required to:
- sign copies of any higher education certificate(s) you have submitted to confirm they are true copies;
- complete and return the Supporter Reference Form to support your application with your application. Your application cannot progress until the Supporter Reference Form has been received.
For Engineering Technician and ICT Technician, your supporter(s) are required to:
- sign copies of any education or work-based learning certificate(s) you have submitted, to confirm they are true copies;
- complete and return (within 21 days) Supporter Reference Form to support your application. Your application cannot progress until the Supporter Reference Form has been received.
Still need help?
You may find answers to some of your questions in the professional registration frequently asked questions or the ICTTech frequently asked questions.
We will do as much as we can to support you with any aspect of your application, so please get in touch if you need help and advice.
Tel: +44 (0) 1438 767 333
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Find a professional registration advisor