Engineering Technician (EngTech)
Engineering Technician (EngTech) professional registration and benefits.
Applying for professional registration
You must be a member of the IET before applying for professional registration. For more information please visit the about IET membership page.
You can apply for professional registration in one of two ways:
Why choose professional registration as an Engineering Technician?
- Internationally recognised qualification awarded by the Engineering Council [new window];
- Recognition of your expertise and hard work;
- Builds your competence;
- Higher earnings potential;
- Improved career prospects;
- Greater influence within your organisation and industry;
- Access to life-long learning;
- Acknowledgement that your skills are transferable.
- apply proven techniques and procedures to practical engineering problems?
- hold supervisory or technical responsibility?
- contribute to design, development, manufacture, commissioning, decommissioning or operation?
- maintain products, equipment, processes or services?
- show a creative approach to your work?
- apply safe systems of working?
If so, read what you need to do to register for EngTech.
Apprentices completing an IET approved apprenticeship are eligible to apply for EngTech and TMIET via a streamlined route.
You may find answers to some of your questions in the professional registration frequently asked questions.
We will do as much as we can to support you with any aspect of your application, so please get in touch if you need help and advice.