Chartered Engineer (CEng)
Chartered Engineer (CEng) professional registration and benefits.
Applying for professional registration
You must be a member of the IET before applying for professional registration. For more information please visit the about IET membership page.
You can apply for professional registration in one of two ways:
Why choose professional registration as a Chartered Engineer?
- Internationally recognised qualification awarded by the Engineering Council [new window];
- Network of professional engineers;
- Higher earnings potential;
- Improved career prospects;
- Greater influence within your organisation and industry;
- Access to life-long learning.
- develop new or existing technology?
- problem solve?
- make a key contribution to your business’ success, through innovation, creativity and change?
- promote advanced designs or design methods?
- develop better production techniques, marketing or construction concepts?
- pioneer technology or engineering services and management methods?
If so, read what you need to do to register for CEng.
Fees for professional registration
Professional registration fees are payable in Sterling (GBP £), with special arrangements in other currencies.
You may find answers to some of your questions in the professional registration frequently asked questions.
We will do as much as we can to support you with any aspect of your application, so please get in touch if you need help and advice.