HSE Noise at Work guidance leaflet
PDF downloadable document from the Heath and Safety Executive (HSE) entitled Noise at Work.
This Heath and Safety Executive (HSE) document discusses noise at work and provides guidance on what to do if this issue is a problem for employees. It discusses the following:
- How loud noise can damage hearing;
- What you have to do under the Noise Regulations 2005 to protect the hearing of your workers;
- How to assess and control noise at work;
- Choosing quieter equipment and machinery;
- Different types of hearing protection;
- When to inform and consult your workers;
- Health surveillance.