Essentials of Management
This Essentials of Management course is perfect for all managers, from those who have been newly promoted to those simply wanting to refresh their skills.
A great deal of management learning comes from experience, however this Essentials of Management course covers the fundamental tools necessary for management skills. It is designed to increase awareness of management styles, team dynamics and individual needs, enabling you to become more confident in your approach. This course uses interactive exercises and practical activities to equip participants with the right tools to deploy in the workplace.
Who should attend
This two day interactive workshop would benefit anyone that is new to, or wanting to refresh their current skills, within management.
- What is a manager?
- Leadership and management;
- Key skills of an effective manager;
- Building and developing teams;
- Situational leadership II;
- Psychological contract;
- Managing change;
- Clear communications;
- Giving feedback;
- Personal Branding;
- Action planning.
- Identify the skills of management and leadership to apply to your role;
- Have a clear understanding of your management/leadership style and the skills to adapt your style as and when required;
- Have a clear definition of team structures and the people in them and how to use this understanding for performance management;
- Employ structures for giving feedback and delegating tasks appropriately;
- Develop confidence in managing difficult situations and people through assertive communication methods;
- Understand how to lead and manage people through periods of change;
- Understand your own key strengths and weaknesses and develop an action plan for your own development.
Course dates and registration
||28-29 September 2016
||book by 28 July for early bird rate
Printable booking form
Note: please use the course booking form to book multiple delegates or if paying by bank transfer or cheque.
||£849 + VAT (£169.80) Total £1018.80
||£949 + VAT (£189.80) Total £1138.80
Early booking discount (two months in advance)
||£749 + VAT (£149.80) Total £898.80
||£899 + VAT (£179.80) Total £1078.80
CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership for Chartered engineers
CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership for Incorporated engineers