Introduction to Standards training course
All an engineer needs to know about ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and BS OHSAS 18001.
This content rich and lively one-day course is designed to give an overview of the structure of three essential standards that every engineer should know, which are Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety, how they can be implemented and the route to successful certification.
The 2015 version of this course had been updated to cover the transitions to the revised version of the standards. The course will explain and introduce you to changes in the clauses of all three standards and how they fit together in the real world.
Organisations wishing to operate effective Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety Management Systems can be guided to the standards of:
ISO 9001:2015 – Quality Management Systems
ISO 14001:2015 – Environmental Management Systems
BS OHSAS 18001:2007 / ISO45001:2016 – Health and Safety. Management Systems.
(It should be noted that ISO14001:2015 and ISO45001:2016 are at draft stage and ISO9001:2015 is at final draft stage so minor changes to released standards MAY occur).
Who should attend?
Any engineer from senior management to undergraduate, in particular;
- Engineers who are about to take up responsibility for the Quality Management, Environmental Management or Health and Safety System within their organisation;
- Experienced Engineers who require an update in this subject area;
- Graduate Engineers who wish to gain an understanding of the three standards.
- Business managers and engineering managers;
- Technical and process managers;
- Implementers of the standards who require an insight to the benefits to be gained and effort needed to implement the standards.
- An overview of how the three management system standards work;
- The common ground within all three standards;
- The framework of processes and procedures and the 'plan-do-check-act cycle';
- The purpose and structure of Integrated Management Systems;
- An example of an integrated top level manual showing how an integrated document management system might be structured;
- The background to certification for management system standards.
As a result of attending this course, delegates will:
- Understand the structure of each standard and be able to explain in outline the coverage of the standards
- Understand the benefits to be gained from implementing each standard and how they can be used to drive improvement in an organisation
- Be able to act competently in response to questions about certification and the content of standards
- Be able to relate effectively with external certification bodies in respect of the three standards
- Be capable of constructing an outline plan for implementation of the standards in their own organisation
Course dates and registration
||18 May 2017
||book by 18 March for early bird rate
||£495+ VAT (£99.00) Total £594.00
||£595 + VAT (£119.00) Total £714.00
Early booking discount (two months in advance)
||£425 + VAT (£85.00) Total £510.00
||£525 + VAT (£105.00) Total £630.00
Introduction to TRIZ