Introduction to Standards
This content rich and lively one-day course is exclusive to the IET and is designed to give an overview of the structure of three standards every engineer should know, how they can be implemented and the route to successful certification.
Organisations wishing to operate effective Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety Management Systems can be guided to the standards of:
- ISO 9001:2015 – Quality Management Systems
- ISO 14001:2015 – Environmental Management Systems
- BS OHSAS 18001:2007 / ISO45001:2017 or 2018 – Health and Safety Management Systems
Each of these standards provides guidance for effective implementation and a platform against which organisational competence in that field can be determined through formal certification. The benefits of implementing these standards go beyond the demonstration of competence and in each case they can be used to drive improvement in an organisation.
The latest version of this course had been updated to cover the transitions to the 2015 version of the ISO9001 and ISO14001 standards and the impending changes from OHSAS18001 to ISO45001. The course will explain and introduce you to the clauses of all three standards and how they fit together in the real world.
On this course you will learn to:
- Understand the structure of each standard and be able to explain in outline the coverage of the standards
- Understand the benefits to be gained from implementing each standard and how they can be used to drive improvement in an organisation
- Be able to act competently in response to questions about certification and the content of standards
- Be able to relate effectively with external certification bodies in respect of the three standards
- Be capable of constructing an outline plan for implementation of the standards in their own organisation
||30 January 2018
Book by 30 November for the early bird rate
Alternatively, fill in our booking form and return it to email@example.com.
Terms and conditions of booking.
Early Bird (two months in advance) £499
N.B. Prices subject to VAT
Early Bird (two months in advance) £599
N.B. Prices subject to VAT
Who should attend?
Any engineer from senior management to undergraduate, in particular;
- Engineers who are about to take up responsibility for the Quality Management, Environmental Management or Health and Safety System within their organisation;
- Experienced Engineers who require an update in this subject area;
- Graduate Engineers who wish to gain an understanding of the three standards.
- Business managers and engineering managers;
- Technical and process managers;
- Implementers of the standards who require an insight to the benefits to be gained and effort needed to implement the standards.
- An overview of how the three management system standards work;
- The common ground within all three standards;
- The framework of processes and procedures and the 'plan-do-check-act cycle';
- The purpose and structure of Integrated Management Systems;
- An example of an integrated top level manual showing how an integrated document management system might be structured;
- The background to certification for management system standards.
(It should be noted that ISO45001:2016 is at draft stage so minor changes MAY occur).
If you would like to book 5 delegates or more on to this course you may benefit from having this course delivered in-company