Career Manager has been enhanced to create a user-friendly journey for each stage of your career. This includes a new look and it now contains a link to MyIET so that you can update your details in one place.
The new Career Manager home page now has quick links which focus on the different aspects of professional development. These are:
• Professional registration applications;
• Continuing Professional Development (CPD) recording;
• Initial Professional Development (IPD) schemes and recording.
The new home page also contains reminders for target dates of objectives and actions.
Career Manager now has new functionality to allow a more streamlined professional registration process. It enables you to track progress of your application with new evidence provisions and validation all available online.
• Career Manager v3 professional registration process has now been aligned to mirror the paper format;
• Document upload facility allows you to upload a more in-depth organisation charts and other supporting documents;
• Online validation process which includes the enquiry form.
If you are on an IET accredited scheme, Career Manager now allows you to join your accredited scheme which can be verified by your scheme co-ordinator.
We will be in contact with how this can be done in the near future, but if you have any queries in the meantime, please contact your scheme co-ordinator.
Functionality has been carried over from v2 and has been enhanced to enable easier access for assessment verification and allow you to:
• Assess competence against Job Role frameworks;
• Store up to 28 archived assessments;
• Nominate two verifiers with guest ticket access against competence assessments.
Carried over from v2, you can set objectives and actions against UK-SPEC and Job Role Profiles. We have added enhanced functionality to allow you to:
• Set periodic reminders for IPD and CPD planning reports to help candidates stay on track and gain regular feedback on progress;
• Have reports verified by up to two verifiers;
• Add reflection against objectives and actions.
Career Manager v3 now allows you to record your CPD activities as you complete them and also allows you to set CPD objectives and actions in a quicker and easier way.
CPD Reporting enables you to keep a record of your CPD activity to discuss with your employer and allows you to easily participate in the IET’s new opt in CPD Monitoring Scheme. New for v3:
• Create folders for easy access and tidy filing e.g. by year;
• Record CPD hours against activities.