IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Tinned Copper bar
Topic Summary: Theft Solutions: Is tinned copper ground bar can be used as replacement for earthing?
Created On: 05 February 2013 04:38 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05 February 2013 04:38 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Badshah

I heard that Tinned bars do not look like copper, so to the untrained eye they appear to be less valuable. Additionally, a recyder will need to process the tinned ground bars differently than a regular copper bar which reduces their scrap value.
So using Tinned ground bars will reduce the copper thefts? I need the members valuable opinion. Also need opinion on its property & conductivity.
 05 February 2013 01:28 PM

ArthurHall

Tinning the copper may help, but I doubt it will deter meny thiefs and will be expensive. Some sites paint the copper gray so that it looks like aluminium. Also fixing the copper to steel and concrete using a nail gun makes it harder to remove.
 05 February 2013 04:17 PM

Dave69

if a thief is looking for copper bars he wont care if they are tinned or not, a flapper wheel on a grinder will soon remove the coating. Its better to fix the bars so its bl00dy hard to remove them but also remember the thief wont give a dam about how much damage he makes
IET » Energy » Tinned Copper bar

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.