Topic Title: BT disgracefull!!Cut me off because 12 days late with payment
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04 April 2014 08:16 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04 April 2014 08:16 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

antric2

Morning,
Very rare I am on here early doors, but I have a business line via BT into my house and have it on divert to my mobile but forgotton to pay BT which was due 23rd March so 12 days late.Usually pay on the button but onece or twice over many years I have forgotton and got red letter approx 3-4 weeks later ,paid it straight away but never cut off.
Went to use phone this morning and diverted to payments.
Found call divert cancelled, unable to retrieve messages a.all messages wiped and answer phone message wiped also so dont know how long this has been like this and maybe numerous calls from customers gone a miss.
Unable to understand the Asian operator and she had standard script.But it is going to cost £7.50 late fee,fair enough but £20 to reconnect. I am 12 days late!!!!!

But, I remember last holiday, 14 days away,diverted to my collegues phone paid it one day late which was the day I went away.When I had come home again all messages gone and my collegue said he had had no calls from the divert 4 days after I had gone away but was quite busy with my calls in 1st few days.
So, who do you have and are you happy.
If you use BT then beware you pay starightaway.
I used to be direct debit but they cocked it up twice so thats why I pay direct.
BT you are a disgrace and an embarressment to British Industry .
Rant over
Regards
Antric
 04 April 2014 09:01 AM

Legh

Unable to understand the Asian operator and she had standard script.But it is going to cost £7.50 late fee,fair enough but £20 to reconnect. I am 12 days late!!!!!

I had the same. Only realized that I had been cut off when I read the 'How we worked out your bill' .
The thing is I was never cut off !.

I must admit I did have a couple of nuisance calls from some chap who was barely audible with one of those indecipherable voices. Unfortunately, he got the cold call response....

Legh

-------------------------
Why do we need Vernier Calipers when we have container ships?

http://www.leghrichardson.co.uk

"Science has overcome time and space. Well, Harvey has overcome not only time and space - but any objections."
 04 April 2014 09:30 AM

Angram

You mean they actually got your phone and broadband to work ! Not everyone is so lucky with BT at the moment.
 04 April 2014 10:56 AM

stateit

Two words:

Direct Debit

[edit] just read your other post and rrealise why you don't use DD[/edit]

S George
http://www.sg-electrical.com
 04 April 2014 11:12 AM

sparkingchip

I have vowed never to be a BT customer again after getting done over by a firm called RSTO contracting to BT websites, I already had a BT website and ended up with two websites with two separate contracts with BT having been promised a "revamp" of my existing website.
 04 April 2014 12:31 PM

Legh

Originally posted by: stateit

Two words:

Direct Debit

[edit] just read your other post and rrealise why you don't use DD[/edit]

Lol...... Another two words.....

MAC Code

Legh

Why do we need Vernier Calipers when we have container ships?

http://www.leghrichardson.co.uk

"Science has overcome time and space. Well, Harvey has overcome not only time and space - but any objections."
 04 April 2014 12:32 PM

sdjl

We moved away from BT because it took them 2 months to move our business line into our new business premises. Call divert wouldn't work in that time as had no physical line. They didn't really seem to care.
Now with Virgin Media business and they're great. Just a shame that comes in via the BT owned line as it would have been nice to be completely isolated from them.
 04 April 2014 05:10 PM

mikejumper

Originally posted by: antric2

As far as BT are concerned you are probably a good customer.

Just think how many millions they make every year from others like yourself who either forget or are a little late with paying their bills.
 04 April 2014 07:24 PM

24Hour

do a search on Google for pocket landline, I' had like you a landline that diverted from my office to mobile if no one is there, basically it cost approx 80 per month with bt ,and then the rip off landline rental on top of that ,
now it's a £10 a month same number and unlimited calls.

Yes i do do 24/7 everyday of the FLAMIN year.

Edited: 04 April 2014 at 08:04 PM by 24Hour
 04 April 2014 08:35 PM

Jaymack

Originally posted by: antric2
Very rare I am on here early doors, but I have a business line via BT into my house and have it on divert to my mobile but forgotton to pay BT which was due 23rd March so 12 days late.Usually pay on the button but onece or twice over many years I have forgotton and got red letter approx 3-4 weeks later ,paid it straight away but never cut off.

It's symptomatic of a practice adopted because of previous experiences by most companies. including financial institutions. If you don't want to play by their rules, don't play the game, or expect to receive a penalty if you do. Businesses including the small bit players like yours truly, have to have their rules and regulations, in order to achieve control and uniformity.

Regards
 05 April 2014 01:49 PM

WiredScience

BTs current business t&c document states you have 14 days to dispute a bill, so I don't really see how they can cut you off in 12!
 05 April 2014 09:19 PM

antric2

Originally posted by: WiredScience

BTs current business t&c document states you have 14 days to dispute a bill, so I don't really see how they can cut you off in 12!

I have double checked due date and it is 13 days and not 12 overdue. To correct my initial OP, I have realised that I can have incoming on the phone but no functions so I am onle deactivated fo r outgoing\divert\voice messages.
Thanks and I will check the terms and conditions, but I have paid bill and now await reconnection.
I will also be sending an invoice,(waste of time I know ) about possible loss of business and inconvenience if they have acted too early.
Might even go to Oftel or ombudsman.
Regards
Antric
 05 April 2014 09:46 PM

ebee

I recently had a spat with them and decided to terminate.
They said "hang on we will see what we can do, instantly reduced all fees as I was a long customer" I said "no others can do better" they said "hang on we will see if we can do better" then "Oh yes we can" promised me the earth special this that and t`other so I agreed to stay.
Set it up then said I can not back out `cos contract is made once I finally agreed.
I agreed then found not as they had agreed and they disclaimed this that and `tother.
So I challenged `em to review all my conversations with them but it would take six weeks by special team to listen in to all my contacts with them and report back to me with their findings.
3 days later said" Oh yes we will do as you said".
Never got the report promised.
All this with dealing with English, Irish, Scottish and often Asian call centres.
With the Asian call centres communication and understanding is impossible.
With the British call centres communication is good but understanding not always.
The final outcome is they (almost but not quite) corrected to what was agreed but left with me without contract as agreed for 3 weeks. Therefore they broke their contract with me and can not hold me to the 12 months period. I might use this stick to hit them with if I choose too.

I just given a very brief approx account as to what transpired as it would take too long to go into real detail.

BT a.k.a Bangladesh Telecom as my Son says (he is an IT expert).

BT are an absolute Bloody Disgrace. NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.

I am being charitable with my thoughts on them!

Regards,
Ebee (M I S P N)

Knotted cables cause Lumpy Lektrik
 06 April 2014 01:46 PM

antric2

Your right ebee,they are a bloody disgrace.
I decided to speak to one of my customers for advice who is quite high up in BT because to make a complaint is virtually impossible as it has to be via internet website as call centre wont put you through or when thay do I lasted to 25 mins before putting phone down.
Anyway, my customer said that in all his years of being there,they have sub divided BT into various seperatley run divisions.
He said that billing and faults get the most complaints due to it not being BT but Openreach and he said he himself,even when he went through BT internally had disgracefull service and he was himself going to get a seperate company to run another line along with his BT.

He told me the joke of it is that BT put his line in for free and pay all the bills because he has to do alot of business from home,it took 5 days to get his fault sorted and he has lost a main client of his due to not getting incontact with him.They had promised to divert his faulty line to his mobile but it didnt get done.
And he is a manager at BT, so what chance have we got.
Regards
Antric
 09 April 2014 01:44 PM

amandalewin

Originally posted by: Angram

You mean they actually got your phone and broadband to work ! Not everyone is so lucky with BT at the moment.

I said never again to BT after they repeatedly connected my Broadband to someone else house. I would call to say that it wasn't working and they would insist on sending an engineer around only for the poor chap to call and say he was outside a property in Woking (I lived in Hampstead..).

When it happened again I insisted that they had probably made the same mistake again and not connected it to my house but no they insisted they send an engineer around... yes he had a trip to Woking again.

2 months later after considerable back and forth I told them to cancel the order and not to dare send me any kind of bill. I got a bill. :@

I've been on Orange broadband ever since, it still uses BT infrastructure but now Orange get to talk to the ***** instead of me.

Amanda

'At some point we all must chose between what is right and what is awesome'
 12 April 2014 11:34 PM

Fm

Didnt you enter into a contract to,pay them on a certain day?
Your late making payment
They take action and cut you off, just business i suppose.

Are you late paying the merchants bill?
 13 April 2014 09:07 PM

antric2

Originally posted by: Fm

Didnt you enter into a contract to,pay them on a certain day?

Your late making payment

They take action and cut you off, just business i suppose.

Are you late paying the merchants bill?

Hang on FM, please let me clarify something here. I understand what you are pointing at and in no way am saying I have a right to be able to pay late and expect service but there has to be some leaway here.
Yes,the contract is pay by the date stated on the bill.
My point is 12\13 days because being human I suffer from forgetfullness.. But what has happened to the old red letter reminders that used to be sent a few years back as I have many years in the past not paid on time and paid the red letter the day it arrived.That used to be over 3 weeks so they have changed the rules.
Next time I get a BT problem I will be on the phone screaming and shouting everyday not just for service but for childish satisfaction.

Hopefully will be connected via O2 soon so b*******s to BT.
Regards
Antric
 14 April 2014 01:54 AM

westfield6

My point is 12\13 days because being human I suffer from forgetfullness.. But what has happened to the old red letter reminders that used to be sent a few years back as I have many years in the past not paid on time and paid the red letter the day it arrived.That used to be over 3 weeks so they have changed the rules.

Regards

Antric

There were no rules, just goodwill, which costs money. Perhaps too many people took advantage so BT decided to clampdown. How can you forget? A bill comes, you go online and pay it, simples. You managed too pay the red letter the day it arrived without forgetting after all.
 14 April 2014 06:18 AM

primo

Originally posted by: westfield6

A bill comes, you go online and pay it, simples. You managed too pay the red letter the day it arrived without forgetting after all.

I wish my customers would do this!
 14 April 2014 11:25 PM

baldelectrician

I moved my business phone number and landline away from BT a few years ago

I moved my landline to TTNC who made it a virtual landline, this means my landline is mine no matter where I stay in the UK. I can move to another exchange and it doesn't matter as the number is now a virtual number and costs £10 per year to keep alive and then diverts to my mobile at half the cost BT were.

My landline is with Plusnet ( who are actually owned by BT, but ran at arms length- their call centre is in Yorkshire), the service is good and reliable
My landline has a new number which is private and nobody ( except family ) get. This means the numbers are divided and on 2 separate bills, one business and one personal.

I would strongly suggest changing your number to a virtual number as there are advantages- you can add on
Call recording
Call routing ( day time to mobile, after a defined time to voicemail, or message service)
Call blocking ( you can add sales numbers to a blocked list to stop spam)
Call logging- you can look back at incoming callers for years, this gives date, time and duration of incoming calls
Scheduled texts
Email notification of voice mails
SMS alerts of missed calls ( if you are taking a call you get the text of the missed call, which lets you call the number back)

Much more that a BT (Bombay Telecom) line

baldelectrician.com
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.