IET logo

IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Commercial EICR for a block of flats?
Topic Summary: Landlord wants commercial reports
Created On: 08 March 2013 02:29 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08 March 2013 02:29 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Igot3ears

Hi all. Would appreciate your thoughts on this please:

I recently carried out 4 x EICR on 4 blocks of flats for a managing agent. Not the actual flats, just the landlord's supplies, stairs, corrdors & landings etc. I sent them 4 x domestic EICR as normal. All of them were "unsatisfactory" reports with defects duly noted and recorded on the reports. They have now contacted me to ask me to re-issue them with commercial reports. This is what they have said:

Text
I have been advised by the property manager that the communal areas are deemed to be places of work within the Health and Safety at Work Act, and the electricity is a commercial landlord's supply and not to individual properties. We look forward to receiving the resubmitted certificates.
Text

I've always thought a block of flats is a domestic property. I don't fancy spending a couple of hours typing up 4 new reports - especially as they were non-compliant installations.

What would you do please?

Thanks
3ears
 08 March 2013 04:21 PM

dickllewellyn

Can you not just change the "domestic" heading to a "commercial" heading? How does the report differ other than in name?

-------------------------
Regards
Richard (Dick)

"Insert words of wisdom and/or witty pun here"
 08 March 2013 04:41 PM

Igot3ears

I have the reports in my Easycert software but I don't think you can remove the word "domestic" from the heading - unless someone can tell me different.

Thanks anyway
3ears
 08 March 2013 05:30 PM

AJJewsbury

I don't think you can remove the word "domestic" from the heading - unless someone can tell me different.

Tippex?

Or something of of the label printer?

Or photocopy/scan with the offending word masked out with a bit of paper?

Or import an image of the sheet into a paint-type application and tweak the pixels and re-print?

.. or can you copy & paste just the data from the original to a commercial form? (I'm not sure how Easycert works)

- Andy.
 08 March 2013 07:39 PM

505diff

You can copy a D.B and it's results to a new Cert on Easycert, you may even be able to copy observations, you will have to do the rest again, however you can copy the time consuming stuff.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.