Increase font size
Topic Title: Telecommunications/networking phd topic
Topic Summary: Telecommunications/networking phd topic help needed
Created On: 30 March 2013 03:03 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 30 March 2013 03:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Hi does anyone know any comms topic that would be good to do a phd on? I'm struggling to pick an area and related problem.
Its possibly my aspergers causing problems coming up with original abstract and obscure ideas, but everything I come up with has already been done when I look it up (like ofdm on plc to get rid of interference). Once I have the subject I'd be fine, I'm good at research, but I don't have the start point.
Research teams being developed are around information security, information management and intelligent systems, and data analytics.
So if anyone has any ideas that fit into the above I would be extremely grateful if you would like to share with me.
Thanks
Andy
 13 April 2013 04:50 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

mbirdi

Obvious reply is have you asked your Uni for suggestions? Also have you tried typing in the following into google?

'PhD research topics in telecomminications' .

Just one mad suggestion. If nobody has already done this, you could research into hollow fibre optic cables. As you know the speed of light through glass travels only at 2/3 that through air. I know they are developing air gaps into fibre optics to increase the speed, therefore achieve higher bandwidth, but if it's completely hollow inside the cladding then you would achieve full speed of light and maybe a nobel prize to boot.

Cheers,
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.