Increase font size
Topic Title: Where after HND?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10 March 2013 08:59 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10 March 2013 08:59 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

robotron1

Hi!

I'm thinking about enrolling in Electrical and Electronic Engineering HND with TUOLE (Teesside University). That part I'm clear about, but what I'm not clear about is what to do afterward?

Portsmouth has a top-up distance learning degree, but it's not accredited. Do universities allow enrolling directly in the third year?
 12 March 2013 12:37 AM

Nahid009

From what I know you can't enrol into third year directly at any University.

I have completed an MENG in Electronic and Comuputer Engineering and an MSC in communications engineering. In my experience I have seen people going into second year directly though.
 24 March 2013 03:44 PM

Hodgy93

As a student at Northumbria University I know for a fact you can get direct entry into the second year of our BEng Electrical & Electronic Engineering Course.
 12 May 2013 04:34 PM

garethwood

Robotron1. Good for you. I did something the same thing as you but did. My route was ONC, HNC, HND and then degree. Now bear in mind I graduated a fair while back 1992.

But at 16 I was never particularly confident with science or very good at maths at school. My slow education path allowed me to develop those necessary learning skills to achieve better and better results to the point at HND I was getting the best marks which then encouraged me to go for the degree.

One tip. I had the option of skipping the first year of my degree as I had the HND. I did decide on taking the first year and I am glad I did. Year 1 prepares you for the workload ahead. It covers some of the things you learned at HND and more in greater detail. This prepares you for the onslaught on year 2. Year 2 most of the students coming in at HND level dropped out because of the pace and intensity

Plan your career, make sure the degree is recognised by IET. Take your time, enjoy and learn there is no rush. Have a goal and work to it. Be realistic with what you can achieve.
Best of luck, I wish you every success in your career ahead. Don't give up on that dream!
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.