Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Getting CEng on the basis of CPEng
Topic Summary: Can CPEng from Engineers Australia be recognised by IET?
Created On: 26 March 2014 12:53 PM
Status: Read Only
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 26 March 2014 12:53 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 1
Joined: 19 October 2003

I have been elected as Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) by Engineers Australia. I want to upgrade my members status at IET to CEng. Is there a member of Understanding (MoU) between Engineers Australia and IET?
 27 March 2014 04:57 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 16
Joined: 04 March 2014

UPGRADE? That is funny, its should be the same

Engineers who have been awarded a BEng(Ordinary) or BEng(Honours) and have appropriate training and experience in the work place are able to apply to become an Incorporated Engineer (IEng).

If an engineer has studied beyond the BEng for MEng, they may apply to become a Chartered Engineer (CEng), once they have completed the required amount of post graduate work-based competency training and experience.

The Engineering Council UK is the regulatory authority for registration of professional engineers in the United Kingdom.

The UK Chartered Engineer is recognized as the professional title for engineers under the Washington Accord ( I THINK ITS THE DEGREE AND NOT THE TITLE ), while the Sydney Accord recognizes the Incorporated Engineer as the designated title for engineering technologists.

The Engineering Council of the United Kingdom has a broad definition of Professional Engineers which includes Incorporated Engineers.

A UK Chartered Engineer is a professional engineer registered with Engineering Council UK (the British regulatory body for engineers).
 29 March 2014 06:44 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 343
Joined: 07 May 2002

IEAust and IET have RRA. If you have CPEng MIEAust, you can apply to IET to become CEng MIET through RRA.

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2016 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.