Increase font size
Topic Title: Responsibilities / personal achievements split in application form
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04 March 2014 01:38 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04 March 2014 01:38 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

neilmcd84

I am getting towards applying for CEng, but I have been a bit thrown by the application form - in particular the separate fields for responsibilities and personal achievements in each employment. This seems an unneccessary split that has the potential to cause repetition of information. I obviously understand the different between a responsibility and a personal achievement, but I don't really understand why they are listed separately on the form, rather than just allowing me to write whatever I think is relevent. Can anyone offer any advice on the most effective way of completing these fields without repeating myself?
 08 March 2014 07:13 AM

SAVIO

You only have to write briefly your career history with posts and major responsibilities.
Then, you have to enter your past experience in related to each of the 16 areas of competence.
In that way, you do not have to repeat again and again your past experience.
IET is looking for whether your past experience can fulfill the 16 areas of competence and decide whether you are suited for professional review interview.
 11 March 2014 04:07 PM

katybain

Dear sir,

Thank you for your query; I assume from your comments that you are applying using Career Manager.

You can use the personal achievements to highlight any particular highlights during a particular period of employment. This might include any awards received, papers or presentations given etc.

You should aim to complete your responsibilities in sufficient detail that it shows your personal contributions for each job role.

If you have any specific queries then don't hesitate to contact us at: careermanager@theiet.org.

-------------------------
Kathryn Bain
IPD & Mentoring, Professional Development Dept
The Institution of Engineering and Technology
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.