Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Credits MCGI
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08 December 2013 05:28 PM
Status: Read Only
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08 December 2013 05:28 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 140
Joined: 25 June 2006

Does the Open University give you credits for having Membership of City and Guilds towards MEng
 09 December 2013 11:16 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

James Broughton

Posts: 40
Joined: 25 May 2006

I would suggest you contact the OU directly to get the answer to this.

The MEng has a few requirements, the main one being 'continuous' study. In short, this is an integrated Master's degree, assuming direct progression from an undergraduate BEng (the equivalent of a 4-year course of study in a 'brick' University).

All of the study for the MEng has to be completed within 4 years of graduation and additionally, if you have not completed your BEng with the OU, you will have to complete an additional course related to Professional Development (T398). There is nothing relating to credit transfer that I have seen in the course description, however, if you are studying as a continuation of the BEng, there may be credit transfer available from the undergraduate section.

Again though, please do contact the OU, as they can give you the exact answers.

'This place would be a paradise tomorrow, if every department had a supervisor with a sub-machine gun'

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2016 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.