Increase font size
Topic Title: Career Manager / IMechE Tools
Topic Summary:
Created On: 28 October 2013 10:41 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 28 October 2013 10:41 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

ryanbakewell

My company (JLR) uses the IMechE MPDS system to track progress through in support of gaining chartership. However, I want to do my CEng with the IET and have already started using Career Manager (for the last 2 years).

Does anyone know if I can use the IMechE's MPDS to submit an application to the IET for CEng?

Ideally I want to use Career Manager so I can build up my evidence over the next couple of years and then press submit when I'm ready.

Any ideas? I might have to maintain both systems but ideally not!
 28 October 2013 02:27 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

katybain

Ryan,

There is not a process that will allow you to use MPDS to submit an application for CEng with the IET as the systems rely on separate recording templates based on each institution's application process and application forms.

There is no need for you to duplicate development recording across both systems. If your company requires you to use MPDS for competence recording, then you can use this to record your competences as you develop and then submit an application through Career Manager.

Whilst Career Manager is recommended for those working toward registration it is not a requirement that you complete your competence evidence in Career Manager in order to be able to apply for professional registration. You can complete a professional registration application without this infomration as the initial application is based on your employment experience.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at: profdev@theiet.org.

-------------------------
Kathryn Bain
IPD & Mentoring, Professional Development Dept
The Institution of Engineering and Technology
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.