IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Competency write up with Accredited BEng.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 18 October 2013 04:25 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 18 October 2013 04:25 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

shaunbrennan

Hi,

I am currently compiling the evidence for my CEng application & have been in contact with a PRA.

I currently have a BEng (Hons) which is accredited. I do not have any further formal qualifications.

I have had it confirmed by the IET that I have a 'accredited exemplifying Bachelor qualification'.

Does this satisfy the need for demonstrating underpinning knowledge and understanding? Particularly Category A competencies. I can however put together evidence to support this.

Many thanks.

Shaun
 21 October 2013 07:49 PM

dlane

Hello Shaun and welcome to the forum

Your PRA should be able to answer this better than me as they will have more detail.

A modern BEng will be accredited for IEng registration, all this means is that the syllabus has already been confirmed as meeting IEng requirements so it can speed up the application.

Although it will go some way to meeting the requirements of CEng, you will need to show extra learning up to the equivalent of an MEng or MSc. This could take many forms from design works, patents, projects through to industry based training and how you have then applied it.

Good luck with your application.

Kind regards

Donald Lane
 21 October 2013 09:56 PM

shaunbrennan

Hi Donald,

Many thanks for the response, I appreciate it.

I should have mentioned that the confirmation from the IET states that "I would not require any more formal learning for CEng registration".

But yes I understand that I have to demonstrate knowledge to Masters level, which I will do. Plus I'll keep conversing with my PRA.

Many thanks.

Shaun
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.