Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: IEng registration
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04 September 2013 11:07 PM
Status: Read Only
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04 September 2013 11:07 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 1
Joined: 04 September 2013

I have applied for Ieng registration and IET has asked me to provide further evidence on Project management. leadership and planning.
when I applied I wrote everything what I did in my career of 23 years.
now I am a student of master degree program in electrical engineering,but I am bit lost here,
what do I need to fill in?
is it my current program details and the project i am doing or my previous experience in projects.
need your help
Thanks in adavance.
 06 September 2013 11:21 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 192
Joined: 14 April 2013

First its a good thing it means IET assessors are working with you and giving you a chance to provide additional info evidence on Project management. leadership and planning.
Evidence means samples of your work, project plans etc.

You can contact IET advisers for additional info. Simply more evidence needed.
 06 September 2013 08:05 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 241
Joined: 29 April 2009

This sounds as though you are being asked to provide more detail on the "C" competences of UK Spec. Have a look at UK Spec (if you don't have a copy it is on the Engineering Council website). Look through your career and pick one or possibly two projects you worked on and explain how what you did matches the four sub-competences (C1, C2 etc.). The guidance examples of how the competence might be met may also help.

Succinctly outline what you did, how you went about it, what you were responsible for, and use terms like "I was responsible for" and avoid "I was involved with" or "we carried out".

I hope this helps, but it is in your interest to get the advice of a PRA, they will help you get the best from your application. The staff at the IET will help you get one in your area.


See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2016 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.