Increase font size
Topic Title: IEng Interview
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09 July 2013 05:55 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09 July 2013 05:55 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

aryan116

Hi all,
I gave my IEng interview in the first week of April, and was told that
the result will be declared in 6-8 weeks. It is more than 12 weeks now and have not heard any news. Although I contacted the stage 4 person and was told that panel has sent the application to external committee after June panel's meeting and waiting for the final result.

Is this normal, has anyone had similar experience before?

Aryan
 09 July 2013 07:17 AM

DavidParr

Good morning Aryan,

I'm guessing that you are victim of there simply being too many applicants in the registration system, and a lack of volunteer effort to match. Since you have been told your case was reviewed by the June panel, it shouldn't be too long now. I hope you get the right result!

Regards,

-------------------------
David Parr BSc.CEng MIET
PRA
 10 July 2013 06:03 AM

SAVIO

Yes, my friend also got his CEng MIET within 2-month after his PRI.
 12 July 2013 10:55 AM

aryan116

Hi David and Savio, thanks for your reply.
It has been more than 3 months since I gave my interview. Is there any deadline that after such date they have to declare the result?

Thanks.

Aryan
 16 July 2013 10:38 AM

Avatar for garethbingham                                     .
garethbingham

One problem is that during the summer months a lot of the Reviewers and Assessors are not available hence the delays, this is a problem especially as we seem to get a spate of applications and case reviews during this time.

But don't worry as it will happen as the staff member assigned to each case will chase it up and if the reviewers are not available they have a list of back ups, but if course this leads to delays. You just need to give them a call and they will update you on progress but not the result of course.

Hope this goes some way of reassurance.
 31 July 2013 01:29 PM

roybowdler

I'm sorry about your frustrating experience. It is quite reasonable for you to complain about this.

The manager responsible has investigated and the delay has been caused by our stage 4 panel seeking clarification, around some unclear comments recorded following an earlier assessment stage. Because our assessors are volunteers, they may be on an extended break or otherwise difficult to contact at certain times. The assessment process has to be followed in a full and precise way, so I'm afraid there is no "shortcut" which can resolve your situation in the short term. We will contact you personally as soon as we have something to tell.

For the general information for readers of the forum, the most common causes of delays include; incomplete applications, slow response by applicants to requests for additional information, slow response by IET volunteer assessors to cases provided, difficulty in the availability of suitable interviewers and the candidate at the same time , uncertainty or lack of consensus amongst assessors (usually because the decision is close to a boundary such as IEng v CEng or otherwise a "difficult" case for various reasons). In worst case these issues can extend the average time greatly, but this member seems to have been particularly unfortunate to spend so long following an interview, without a decision.

Roy Bowdler IEng FIET FCIPD
IET Registration & Standards
 08 August 2013 02:42 PM

faramog

Key thing aryan116 is that outside the IET office, all the assessments, reviews, interviews are by professional volunteers. We all strive to turn things around quickly but sometimes that is not possible. When we go back and ask for clarifications or to check something it is because we follow a rigorous process (approved by the Engineering Council) and I can assure you that voluneers get frustrated by the inherent delays as well.

By all means make a complaint..... but for what, unpaid people giving up their personal time to help you register professionally and trying to do the very best, most thorough job possible ?

Eur Ing Graham Prebble CEng MIEE
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.