Increase font size
Topic Title: TMIET and EngTech How Long
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08 July 2013 09:17 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08 July 2013 09:17 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

g7jwr

I was just wondering how long it takes to get TMIET and also how long it takes for the EngTech

Martin
 10 July 2013 06:05 AM

SAVIO

Within 2-month after PRI.
 10 July 2013 11:50 AM

roybowdler

Membership is dealt with first usually quite quickly. The TMIET designation is intended to illustrate the distinctive value of Technicians. However MIET is also available to new members who meet the criteria set out

here

A service available to IET members is assessment for professional registration. For someone choosing to seek Technician registration, the process takes on average around 8-10 weeks at present. A registered Eng Tech or ICT Tech has submitted evidence which has been accepted as valid and suitable by their peers for inclusion on the Engineering Council register. The abbreviation PRI stands for Professional Review Interview, which is a compulsory part of assessment for IEng & CEng. For Technicians it is an option which is used when further clarification is needed. Since many Technician registrations come from approved apprenticeships or from vetted employers, interviews are currently an exception.

By voluntarily seeking independent scrutiny of their career and by agreeing to maintain registration annually, professional technicians commit to maintain high standards of technical capability and integrity. As is the case with the other categories of registered engineering professional, they can be removed from the register should they fall short of acceptable standards.

-------------------------
Roy Bowdler IEng FIET FCIPD
IET Registration & Standards
 16 July 2013 10:43 AM

Simon750

If memory serves me correctly (at my age, that is always a constant worry), I was awarded EngTech after around 4 weeks following the submission of the paperwork.

I didn't have a PRI but this was a few years back

-------------------------
Simon Long CMgr FCMI FInstLM
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.