Joined: 09 January 2012
I have IEng interview coming up and need few advices.
Initially applied for CEng in September but was rejected on the A2 criteria and was told to change to IEng, in the meanwhile I joined new company this January.
Question 1: Do I have to inform IET for the change of employment, will this affect my IEng interview or do I have to fill new application?
Question 2: In December, 2012 when decision was made on my CEng application (not fulfilling the criteria), I was allocated a PRA, in the last 3 months he just replied me once, is there a way to change the PRA?
Question 3: In future, when I apply for CEng again, do I have to contact my previous mentors/supporters again or used the previous form?
Many thanks in advance.
Joined: 29 April 2009
1. The interviewers will ask about any change of employment at your interview, it is not uncommon for roles to have changed between application and interview.
2. There should be no problem about changing PRA, just speak to your contact at the IET.
3. It is up to you, but by then you will have expanded your experience and may find you want to start again with your application to better present your case, and there may be other supporters more appropriate at that stage of your career.
Joined: 28 September 2007
Hi Aryan and welcome to the forums.
1) Yes you should inform the IET you have changed your company but it shouldn't impact on your application for IEng unless the role you now do doesn't fit into the IEng competencies.
No, I see no reason why you should fill in a new application just because you have changed your company.
2) Yes you can contact the IET and request contact details of another PRA. Before doing so, I would contact your existing PRA and let them know about your intentions and see if you can work out together what the issues are.
There are also some PRAs who read through these forums and may be able to offer some more advice on this matter.
3) Your CEng application will be a new application that you will need to fill out. You could use your existing mentors/supporters or by the time you come to apply you may have new mentors and supporters that are more relevant to your application.
Good luck with your application