Increase font size
Topic Title: Development Action Plan for IEng Interview
Topic Summary:
Created On: 27 February 2013 10:49 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 27 February 2013 10:49 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Sean72

Good Evening Everyone,
Kicking off my first IET forum posting on the subject of the Development Action Plan which I will take to my IEng interview next week.
I have a Gantt chart layout in mind to show time scale, split into two sections to help identify planned technical and soft skill development.
Any advice or knowledge of prefered format would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Sean
 01 March 2013 07:43 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Witch1

The key to becoming a professional certified engineer is demonstrating that you keep on to of recent advancements and as part of that ensuring that you develop yourself in line with it.

The most common examples of development plans at interview are those produced as part of your annual appraisal system as they show that you have worked with your employer to map your development out. This ensures that they support your plans and it aligns to the strategy of the business. This could include training courses but also mentoring by other experienced professionals which will need the backing of your company.

The other point to consider it that you have been developing yourself throughout your career (looking back) so there should be examples in your application of where you have been consistently trying to improve.

How you demonstrate this information is up to you, and I agree that a GANTT chart could help with this, but make sure that you have the substance behind it to convince your assessor of your "continuous" development throughout your career.

-------------------------
Mike Green MSc (Distn) CEng FIET
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.