IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: An CEng Application since November 2010
Topic Summary: If application took a longer time than usual, can applicant submit additional updated information?
Created On: 10 December 2012 06:55 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10 December 2012 06:55 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

gerardchau

Hi to fellow Engineer,

I would like to know if applicant can submit additional/update information for reassessment for Ceng status (in the cases where application took longer then usual).

Background:
At mid-2010, I applied for CEng with IET, and the application was officially accepted by IET on Nov of 2010.

At that time, the IET application form was just updated, and apparently my submission with the new form couldn't provide sufficient information. Therefore I have to resubmitted my application with the old form again.

Back and forth, I was requested to submit additional supporting information for reassessment; the conclusion which I accepted is that I am suitable & eligible to apply for IEng instead of Ceng.

On Dec of 2011, I got notified and my application is proceed to the final stage for Professional Review Interview (PRI);

2013 around the corner... and I am continuing waiting for an IEng interview.

The information in my original application consists of my experience from 2008-2009. Since then I have been updating my experience portfolio with increasing responsibility at work.

Instead of waiting for the IEng interview, would it be possible to resubmit or update my application for an reassessment for Ceng status?

Thanks for reading and any advice will be much appreciated.

Edited: 11 December 2012 at 08:44 AM by gerardchau
 26 December 2012 08:41 AM

CHIENGLF

I have same scenario as you, i want to know as well.

-------------------------
Regards,

L.F. Chieng MIET
 26 December 2012 09:55 AM

DavidParr

I sounds like something has gone very wrong - when did you both last contact the IET?

Regards,

-------------------------
David Parr BSc.CEng MIET
PRA
 27 December 2012 06:26 AM

gerardchau

Right after I posted the above message, I had sent an email to IET UK, and also the local professional advisor.

IET UK reply me promtly and fwded my case to the PRI's colleagues. So I am waiting for her reply.

I also called the Local IET office, and once I told her about the UK's reply, she put my application on hold and told me to wait untill UK confirmation on next step.

On the other hand, my local professional advisor reply me yesterday confirmed that I am in the next lot of IEng interview batch; and he will make a note to the interviewer about my case expecting some updated experience which might or might not be sufficient for CEng.

I am not sure what will happen...

Well, Happy New Year!
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.