IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: CEng elgibility for international bachelors degree graduate with a MSc from UK
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03 December 2012 09:53 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03 December 2012 09:53 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

sohaibqamer

Dear all,

I graduated with my engineering bachelor's degree from Pakistan (accredited by the Pakistan Engineering Council) and have recently compelete my MSc from UK (accredited from IET). I would like to start the process towards my CEng but would like some help in identifying if I'm eligible for it or not. Any help here would be appreciated.

Thank you.
 03 December 2012 01:19 PM

ectophile

Qualification for CEng is more than just academic qualifications - it also requires relevant experience.

A good start would be to download a copy of UKSpec (available from this web site), and decide for yourself if you have enough experience in all of the areas required for CEng.

Then if you think you are qualified, contact a professional registration advisor for more guidance on how to apply.

-------------------------
S P Barker BSc PhD MIET
 04 December 2012 10:03 AM

sohaibqamer

Thank you for the reply.

I understand that I need relevant experience and have recently started a career in my field. I'm still a long way away from getting the CEng but at this stage I just want to confirm if I'll be eligible for it or not because the IET website states that for CEng, among other conditions, I need to have "An accredited Bachelors degree with Honours in engineering or technology, plus either an accredited Masters degree, or appropriate further learning to Masters level".

Does this statement mean that I need to have a bachelor's degree accreditated by IET or any engineering body (in my case it's the PEC as mentioned earlier)?.
 04 December 2012 01:17 PM

ectophile

Your batchelors degree doesn't have to be accredited, it just makes things easier.

This page lists a number of possibilities, including
Other formal qualifications, eg those gained overseas, assessed by the IET as equivalent in the context of your overall application
as alternatives.

-------------------------
S P Barker BSc PhD MIET
 05 December 2012 01:51 PM

sohaibqamer

Thank you.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.