Increase font size
Topic Title: CEng Interview
Topic Summary:
Created On: 16 November 2012 08:40 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 16 November 2012 08:40 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

power98

Hello,

My interview for CEng shall be after a few weeks and I need help and advice to prepare myself for this interview.
Could anybody tell me about the interview procedures and how can I pass this interview successfully?.

Thanks
 17 November 2012 02:14 PM

sfchew

You may want to look at the following thread.

http://www.theiet.org/forums/f...d=43580&enterthread=y

Regards
Chris Chew
 27 November 2012 09:50 PM

PedroM

Before the presentation do the interviewers tell you what background they are from?
 12 February 2013 12:44 PM

BilalQureshi

would it be a Skype interview or physical appearance is necessary

-------------------------
Best regards,
Bilal
 20 February 2013 09:27 AM

faramog

Bilal,

Skype would depend on where you were in the world. If you are in the UK, then the expectation is a face to face interview. There is no problem with Skype, and you will not be 'marked down' for skype/comms problems - allowance is made

Ordinarily, the interviewers don't necessarily give their backgrounds - its your interview, not theirs, but feel free to ask: there is absolutely no problem asking this or any other questions. Note, that a common misconception of candidates is that if they feel that an interviewer cannot assess them unless they are directly involved in the same work/business area. This is not so. In a similar way to a job interview when recruiting from 'left field' a balance is struck. It is rare that highly technical questions are asked (does happen but not often).

The interview is about going through your application, career history and presentation to assess the 16 areas in UK spec in the broad categories A-E (download UK-Spec)

The presentation should not be about your job and waffle - pick a project or something you worked on that you are proud of, that shows your strengths as a rounded engineer. A good presentation will dominate the interview and be a pleasure for all. A bad presentation means the interviewers have to earn their lunch (make us grumpy !! ... only joking ).

There are no trick questions, there is no agenda. The expectation is you are at least 90% certain to make the grade - its about confirmation, and the interviewers will go out of their way to extract any evidence that helps make that case.

RELAX !

-------------------------
Eur Ing Graham Prebble CEng MIEE
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.